Writing a Statement of Purpose Essay is the First Challenge you have to Cope With
Essay • May 17, 2010
How to Write Strong and Informative Statement of Purpose Essays
When the student decides to enter a college or the university he will be required to write the statement of purpose essay. Usually, this paper consists of two or three pages and can influence your application. It is a very important task and does not depend on your test scores or work experience. The weak statement may influence the decision of the evaluators. These notes will provide you the advices and real help in writing a strong statement.
- First of all you need to start gathering the information early, so that you have enough time to create a good statement of purpose essay.
- Find the information on the university, read and analyze its publications, note the admission requirements.
- Think about your life, you can even talk to a friend about it, so you can remember all the facts, one of which may be of a great value for your statement of purpose.
- You should form the clear idea of what you are going to study, gather the thoughts of your interest. You should know what you want and what you can provide to the college or the university. This point is one of the most important in all statement of purpose essays.
- Write a five-six sentence opinion part and explain who you are, where you are from, why you have chosen this university and this particular subject. Do not write the exiting and splendid sentences about the university. Be as much specific as possible.
- Get acquainted with the faculty members, their works and mention them in your essay. Tell the reader that you are extremely interested in making the research work with them.
- Write about your skills and about your possible contribution to the particular subject. You can even create a plan of your future research work and include it to your essay. There must be a good reason why they should choose you and they will gladly accept you if they believe you can support their reputation.
- The rest of your essay should contain the information about your education, your experience of work if any and the potential research topics.
- You should also include all the enclosures and list them in your application.
- Thank the evaluators for their time as it is a very difficult task to review hundreds of the applications.
- At the last part of the essay please provide your contact details.
- When the statement of purpose is already done, read it carefully, check the spelling of the words, the structure of the sentences. It is even advised to use a professional editing service to be confident in your work.
- Print your application and sign it.
This guide will definitely help you in writing a statement of purpose essays. If you have any doubts as to writing this kind of work, apply for professional help at Samedayessay.com. Our team consists of the professional writers who will do their best to bring you maximum satisfaction from the custom essay.
Written by Yerin Kirishiki
I have a Doctorate degree in History and have been working previously as an independent journalist for world-known publications. Today, I enjoy working on dissertations and research papers, as it helps me keep up with trending topics and the latest news.
Calculate my order